How do I check if someone has any outstanding traffic tickets, arrest warrants, or criminal history in Washington State?

Below are some options for obtaining this information:

  1. Visit the Find My Court Date page on the Washington State Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) Washington Courts Web site. The site provides free searches on court cases in Washington State back to 1977, including information on traffic infractions (excluding parking violations), marriage dissolutions, felony charges, and civil suits.
  2. Regarding parking violations: individual municipalities may provide online searches for parking tickets.  See the Appellate and Trial Courts page for links to Web sites for cities and towns in Washington State.  To contact or visit a court, see the Washington State Court Directory for courts in Washington State.
  3. Regarding arrest warrants: the Administrative Office of the Court’s (AOC) Washington Court’s Web site offers a free Search Case Records services, from which you can find out in which court a case was filed.  However, a person should contact the court directly to determine if he or she has an active warrant on a case. AOC’s Search Case Records site does NOT provide active warrant information because there is a time delay between when the warrant is issued and when that information is uploaded to the Search Case Records Web site. To avoid providing non-current information on the Search Case Records page, AOC instead requests that warrant inquires be directed to the Court where the case was filed. The court will have the most current warrant status. The Washington State Court Directory is available by County and City provides contact information for courts in Washington State.
  4. Contact your local police station or sheriff's office.  (The Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs Web site provides Washington Sheriff's Office Links for county sheriffs, and Washington Police Department Links for city police departments.)
  5. Visit the Criminal History Records page of the Washington State Patrol's Web site, which contains information about criminal histories and provides a link to the WATCH Web site (Washington Access to Criminal History). The WATCH service provides criminal history searches for a nominal fee.
  6. Washington State Sex Offender Information and Notification Resource Center. Free service from the Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs that provides the location of Level II and Level III sex offenders in Washington State.
  7. Washington Sex Offender Links page of the Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs Web site.  Provides free links to available Washington State county sheriff departments' sex offender Web sites.  Provides a link to the National Sex Offender Public Registry, as well as to Web sites for Washington State counties, cities, sheriffs' offices, and police departments.

  8. King County Jail Inmate Lookup Service (JILS). Free service that provides an alphabetical listing of persons jailed in the King county jail in the past 24 hours, as well as a search service by name and other criteria for a person jailed in King County in the past 365 days.
  9. King County Auditor. Provides free records search by last name for marriage records, property deeds, liens, and other records.
  10. Municipal Research and Services Center of Washington. Provides links to Web sites for cities and towns in the state of Washington. Some of these sites may provide free records searches.
  11. If you know a person's date of birth or exact case number, you may be able to obtain criminal and infraction information from a courthouse in Washington State that has a public access terminal.  Please consult the Washington State Court Directory to locate a court in your area.
  12. If you frequently need information on cases, the Washington State Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) provides a fee-based service called JIS-Link that allows access to public information in the statewide Judicial Information System (JIS).  If you would like to learn more about subscribing to JIS-Link, please visit

Published 11/29/2004 03:26 PM   |    Updated 08/16/2021 02:26 PM