How do I find a court date or a case number?
For cases scheduled in a district or municipal court in Washington State, you can find your court date from the Find My Court Date Searches section of the Search Case Records page of Washington Courts Web site. In the Find My Court Date Search box:
- Click the sub-heading Find My Court Date.
- Read the Disclaimer and click <Accept> to display the Find My Court Date Searches page.
- Select the Court Name where your hearing is scheduled.
- Enter your Last Name as it appears on your court papers.
- Enter your First Name Initial as it appears on your court papers.
- Click <Submit>.
- For the scheduling of superior, juvenile, family, or appellate court cases, refer to the following resources located on the Appellate and Trial Courts page of the Washington Courts Web site:
- Supreme court calendar.
- Appellate court dockets: Division I, Division II, Division III.
- Superior court Web sites including juvenile and family courts (some courts publish their court calendars online).
- Court Directory (to contact the court directly).
You can use the Search for a Person - Name Search option or the Search for Cases search on the Search Case Records page in order to locate the Court Name to use in the Find My Court Date search. Follow these steps:
- Click the sub-heading Name Search.
- Read the Disclaimer and click <Accept> to display the Name Search page.
- Enter the person's last name and first name; the middle name is optional.
- Enter the CAPTCHA security characters.
- Click <Submit> to complete the search.
- Click the sub-heading Case Number/Case Name Search.
- Read the Disclaimer and click <Accept> to display the Search for Cases page.
- Click on a tab to search for Municipal and District Court Cases, Superior Court Cases, or Appelate Court Cases..
- Use one of the three available search field. You must enter the required search criteria for the section in order to proceed. A. The Court Name, the Case Type AND the person's last name and first name; the middle name is optional.
B. The Court Name AND person's Case Number.
C. The Court Name, the Case Type AND the Business Name.
5. Click <Submit> to complete the search.
Note: Some Superior Court cases have docket information available. If it is available, the person's name will be a hyperlink. Click the hyperlink to view the case docket.
If this did not answer your question or if you have a suggestion, please E-Mail Washington Courts. You will receive a response by e-mail.
RN ID 58 | Published 06/18/2003 10:02 AM | Updated 01/22/2015 08:52 AM