How do I file a small claim in Washington State?

In Washington State, small claims are filed in the district court for the county where the claim is being made.   The Washington Court Directory lists all the courts in the state with their addresses, phone numbers, and maps.


Additional information about small claims in Washington State can be found on the An Introduction to Small Claims Court page of the Washington Courts Web site, including English and Spanish versions in both Word and PDF formats.


For small claim forms and instructions, see: Court Forms: Small Claims.


If this did not answer your question or if you have a suggestion, please E-Mail Washington Courts.  You will receive a response by e-mail.


RN ID 101   |    Published 09/03/2003 02:31 PM   |    Updated 10/20/2009 11:52 AM