What attorney information is available in JIS and how is it updated?
All the Washington State Judicial Information Systems (JIS) share attorney information (SCOMIS, JIS, ACORDS, JRS).
Attorney information includes:
- Employer/affiliation, if any.
- Phone numbers (work, fax).
- E-mail address.
- Status and status date.
- Admission date.
- Practice category
Attorneys are NOT added/updated in JIS manually by the courts or by the Washington Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC). Rather, attorneys are added and updated in JIS automatically every Friday night at 11:00 p.m. with the latest information from the WSBA. On August 25, 2005, the Washington State Bar Association (WSBA) provided a full refresh of all attorney data to JIS. Since then, information has been updated weekly.
In accordance with Court Rule APR 13, requests to add or update attorney information must go to the WSBA. Updates and changes can be submitted via the following methods:
- E-mail the WSBA through the WSBA Service Center at: email@example.com
- Contact the WSBA via its Web site: Manage Your Membership
- Call the WSBA at (206) 443-WSBA (9722), or tollfree at: 1-800-945-WSBA (9722).
Emergency requests to update attorney information are handled by the Supreme Court Clerk's office.
RN ID 1368 | Published 09/12/2005 12:03 PM | Updated 09/25/2013 02:11 PM