What is the process for our medical office to place a lien for patients who have third party payors, such as MVA payors?

In order to have a better understanding of the law, you may want to visit the Web site for the Washington State Legislature. They maintain the statute laws of Washington State which are known as the Revised Code of Washington (RCW).  You may want to perform a search on "lien" and review the RCWs to determine the laws that apply in your situation.

If you need help with legal research, please visit the Washington State Law Library's Web site.  At this site you will find links for beginning your legal research and a form to request research assistance.  To obtain legal advice you should hire a lawyer or, if you cannot afford one, contact a low cost or free legal service program.  For a referral to a lawyer or a legal service program, call the Northwest Justice Project's (NJP) Coordinated Legal Education Advice and Referral service (CLEAR) line at (888) 201-1014.

See also Answer ID: How do I get help with legal research? Is there a Web site where I can get information?

RN id: 999