What are the Registration Options for the eFiling Portal?
List of Questions
- I see there are 3 registration options. How do I know which one to select?
- Our organization is very large with several divisions. Can we set up an office account for each division?
- I want to register with an Established Office, how do I get an Office ID?
1. I see there are 3 registration options. How do I know which one to select?
The registration options available when registering are:
- Setup an Office Account
Use this option if you work in a law firm, prosecutorâs office, or some other large organization with several attorneys. Office Accounts should be created when office staff will be expected to file on behalf of one or more attorneys. With an office account, attorneys may or may not ever file any of their own documents, they may rely mostly or entirely on staff to file for them.
An initial Office Account should be set up by one person in the office who will be designated as the office administrator and who will be responsible for maintaining information on staff working in the office.
When an Office Account is created it will be assigned an Office ID.
- Register with an Established Office
This option should be used only by those who work for an organization that has already set up an Office Account to be used with the Washington State Appellate Courtsâ.
In order to use this option, you must have been provided with an Office ID by the Portalâs Office Administrator.
- Register as an individual
This option is meant for attorneys who will file documents themselves and who will not be relying on office staff to file for them. Generally speaking this applies to attorneys working in small firms.
Attorneys who want to do some or all of their own filings, and who work in an organization that has setup and Office Account, may want to Register with an Established Office rather than setting up an Individual Account. Registering with an Office provides the option for office staff to file some files for the attorney if needed, but also allows the attorney to file their own documents if desired. It is the more flexible option.
Besides attorneys, this option should also be used by the following:
- Court Reporters
- CJC Employees
- Federal Court Employees
- Pro Se Litigants/Participants
- WSBA Employees
2. Our organization is very large with several divisions. Can we set up an office account for each division?
Yes. Just be sure when setting up the office that the Office/Organization Name, the Office Email Address (if used), and the Office Phone Number) are all unique.
Attorneys that work in more than one division of an organization can be added to more than one Office Account if needed.
3. I want to register with an Established Office, how do I get an Office ID?
You will need to determine who in your organization may have setup and Office Account. That person will be the office administrator and will have received an email with the Office ID.
RN id: 2474